Sending flowers to someone in a distant place is a good way of showing affection to a special person. Flowers are known to add aura, redolence, and attractiveness to any room, table or environment. People all over the world send flowers as expressions of their feelings. The flowers may indicate a sign of compassion, love, remorse, sorrow, emotion, congratulations or good wishes. Whatever the reason, the season or the occasion, flowers can still be sent to that special person.
In this article, we will tell you steps on how to send flowers to someone in a distant place. Here are the steps discussed below:
- Order the flowers 2 to 7 days in advance. To make sure the florist has the time and the stock to make a good arrangement, do not wait until the D-day before ordering the flowers for that special person. It is advisable to place your order at least 2 days before shipping or delivery. On holidays such as Valentine's Day and Mother's Day, you must order the flowers at least a week in advance. However, you can also deliver the flowers one or two days before the holidays, so that the florist can devote more time and care to set up the arrangement.
- Find florists in the area of the recipient. Visit the web and try searching for florist shops in the city where the recipient lives. Read the reviews of each online store and visit their websites, if you see reasons to view photos of their flowers. Information on ready-made arrangements, prices, delivery services, and purchase plans can also be found on their websites.
- Call the store if you do not know which flowers to choose from. The use of a florist near the recipient should make it possible to obtain a high-quality flower arrangement that the recipient will surely love. Talk to a co-worker to find out what the store has in stock and which flowers look the best that day. They can be of help in designing the perfect arrangement for the occasion and your budget. Ask for the "Designer's Choice" if you are looking for a nice arrangement but do not know what kind of flowers to choose.
- Order the arrangement online if the store offers this service. Some local stores have websites where you can choose an agreement and order online. If you know exactly what you want to order, you can save time. Although this is a handy option, you can always talk to the florist about the quality of the flowers.
- Add gifts to the order if you want to. Florists have a variety of cards, balloons and other gifts that you can send along with the flowers. If you want to send flowers for a special occasion, you can add an extra gift to the recipient. Note, however, that these extras increase the order cost.
- Pay for the order and arrange the delivery. Give the shop the name and address of the recipient as well as the desired delivery date. You must provide your name and a credit or debit card number to pay by phone.
- Contact the recipient to make sure the flowers have been delivered. If the recipient did not inform you of the flowers you sent, proceed with the recipient. Although they might be too busy to communicate with you, the order might not have been delivered on time or in the right direction. If necessary, contact the florist, asking about the flowers you ordered to solve any problems. However, you can call the special person specifically and say, "Hey, Joanna, I just wanted to know if the flowers I ordered for you on your birthday were delivered."